In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1industria del porvenir feminine
- The pace at which fish-farming in Scotland has slid from its status as a sunrise industry to one on which the sun is setting is breathtaking.
- Ironically, fiscal deficit has never been the consideration when the government doles out massive funds for the telecom industry, the IT industry or the new sunrise industry - biotechnology.
- After all, the renaissance of US industry in the 1990s has been a story not just of American dominance in sunrise industries, but also ruthless cost-cutting to make firms more efficient.
- For the past two decades, the main thrust of inward-investment strategy has been to replace jobs lost in declining industrial sectors with new ones in the so-called sunrise industries.
- Exhibition services have become a sunrise industry in the city and the number of international exhibitions is increasing at an annual rate of 20 per cent.
- He welcomes the merger of three sunrise industries and predicts a bright future Scotland is at a new frontier.
- An index dominated by frothy sunrise industries multiplies the risk of investing for us all.
- Smokestack industries were on the way out and sunrise industries had yet to arrive.
- On the other hand, many of the new sunrise industries are very vulnerable to the slightest shifts in the economic wind - witness the problems of the dot.com companies.
- We are turning a sunrise industry into a sunset industry, as Australia and Chile get out there and capture our markets.
- Successive monsoon failures, closure of mills and a sluggishness in sunrise industries contributed to dull celebrations.
- He is also extremely critical of the Government for not using the proceeds from asset sales to either invest in new sunrise industries or for dedicated investment funds to finance future pension or superannuation liabilities.
- When does a sunrise industry begin to resemble a sunset one?
- The new electronics and computer industries - the sunrise industries - which were emerging in the West led the drive for developing new products and new technologies.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.