In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cola de contacto femininesupercola feminine
- Cyanoacrylates adhesives (also referred to as superglues), which form high shear and tensile strength, can be used to join nearly all materials.
- Next time, put superglue on your hands first.
- While one develops molecule-size solar cells modeled on the way leaves gather energy, another is examining the adhesive properties of the blue mussel to make a waterproof superglue.
- She didn't appreciate the reference to the unsuccessful experiment with superglue she had attempted five years back.
- I've got some superglue in my back pocket which I fully intend to use!
- A little superglue and no one will ever be the wiser.
- Despite all the improvements of cyanoacrylate, small amounts of hardware store superglue will work in a pinch.
- It would be a trivial matter to peel off the feet and position them correctly with a dab of superglue, but it would also have been nice for them to be correct in the first place.
- Two days ago his biggest problem had been how to get superglue on his teacher's chair without being caught.
- Was there any superglue or something on the floor?
- It was like being painted with coloured superglue.
- I would superglue my hand to the tax office desk, but I can't afford to buy any superglue!
1pegar con cola de contactopegar con supercola
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.