In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Their heroic scale, their superhuman beauty and power, and the swelling volume of their forms became part of Michelangelo's style, and through him part of Renaissance art in general.
- Did he think she had some superhuman powers that let her do everything at once?
- Why else have they honed their fighting ability to such superhuman levels if not to kill?
- However, the action seems to take place in a parallel world where one can have superhuman powers.
- This was a rare man, a master of pen and sword who plugged his own almost superhuman vigour into the power-source of revolutionary faith.
- While you expect them to leap across rooms, tossing characters around like rag dolls with their superhuman powers, such abilities are instead reserved for boss enemies.
- I've always dreamed of three things: having amnesia, being a spy with superhuman abilities, and being one of those guys who walks around naked as a jaybird.
- Throughout the whole of Ireland people are making superhuman efforts to encourage tolerance.
- Amazingly, they show no signs of exhaustion from the superhuman efforts of the previous night's show.
- But I'm only one guy, albeit one with many superhuman abilities beyond those of mere mortal men, and clearly I can't play and review every game.
- I'm beginning to think they're some sort of breed of genetically enhanced superhuman, or actually manic workaholic robots.
- One disappointment is that a few of his stunts have been enhanced by special effects, meaning that some of the superhuman moves are really beyond human ability.
- Soon, Ellie and Jimmy start displaying superhuman powers.
- The humans will look, talk and act as regular humans, but will be gifted with superhuman abilities.
- Their superhuman aiming abilities allow them to land perfectly aimed shots, even from strictly impossible distances, every single time.
- The English voice dub reflects this quality, with a superhuman effort put in by all the voice actors to make the roles hyper, authentic, and fun.
- A 15 year-old girl with superhuman powers destined to protect the world from the creatures of the night armed only with a pointy stick and aided by some painfully earnest wise-cracking friends?
- He is a superhero with no superhuman powers; he's just unbelievably driven.
- One night, Jeremy decides to test his father's superhuman powers.
- If the subject appears to have choice, autonomy, responsibility, and liberty, the power of superhuman forces looms just as large, and it is the conflict between the two that gives the drama its tragic dimension.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.