- For instance, aspirated consonants are written with a small superscript h after the symbol for the corresponding unaspirated consonant.
- The peso's abbreviation was p, and its plural was sometimes written as ps, and sometimes the P with a superscript s.
- These potential superscript letter combinations appear several other times in the first page of the documents, but a space has been inserted after the preceding number combination.
- Let superscript S indicate suburbs and C indicate center cities.
- Substantive notes could still have been indicated by numbered superscripts.
- For the sake of distinction, we use the subscripts to denote the markers and the superscripts to denote the QTL.
- For convenience, we consider only the case of two alleles at each of the three loci and the notation in this case is varied to reduce the superscripts and subscripts.
- We use superscripts and subscripts to distinguish between different SNPs and different alleles within SNPs, respectively.
- In the course of time and as a result of the vagaries of handwriting, P became joined with the superscript s, and the peso/dollar sign was born.
- The superscript, when present, indicates how many works have been written for that number of performers.
- Haploid sperm from P. lucida (different superscripts represent different males) fertilizes the M egg producing an ML female with the same maternal genome as her mother, but different paternal genome.
- Note that superscripts represent ligand sites (if known) and subscripts refer to processes.
- We use the superscripts m and f to refer to the sex of the individual in which an allele currently resides.
- In the following, we use superscripts H, S, and D to denote variables measured after haploid selection, syngamy, and diploid selection, respectively.
- In fact, there is a linguistic analog: the use of carets, superscripts, and footnotes - all vertical operations - to embed new information in a finished text.
- A second and even clearer giveaway feature is the appearance of small-font superscripts in words like 117th.