In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(overseer)supervisor masculinesupervisora feminine
- Bank supervisors, through lax supervision, had become instruments of this policy of propping up favored borrowers.
- Positive discipline is a mutual problem solving approach in which the supervisor and employee try to reach agreement on how to resolve the issue.
- In addition, it is expected that supervisory skills are limited and few supervisors received training in how to manage people.
- Higher-level managers often spot-quiz supervisors about their new employees: What are his hobbies?
- He said to this end training of magistrates, investigators, bankers and supervisors has been on-going, and anti-money laundering television programmes have been conducted to try and raise the levels of awareness.
- They were mainly telesales people and call centre supervisors who moved into business development and sales management roles.
- In some cases, court decisions, legislative action, or other informal influences have undermined supervisors.
- I also feel frustration when I have to report to, and through many layers of, supervisors, vice presidents, etc. who aren't that bright.
- Still, there are precious few companies that pay significant attention to how their employees feel about their supervisors, or recognize how important that can be.
- The supervisor said that the employees were correct in their response, and to do otherwise would have been beyond the scope of their authority.
- Restaurant supervisors start on about €19,000 moving up to €25,000, depending on their experience and place of work.
- It's also helpful to create and constantly update a tracking system to keep account of which supervisors have completed training - and when.
- Line supervisors were charged with keeping each piece of equipment and each worker fully utilized.
- As difficult as it may be, have a candid conversation with your supervisor about your schedule and ways to recharge your battery.
- Employees expect supervisors and managers to set an example.
- This result corresponds with the presumed deficit in supervisory training of agricultural supervisors and managers and the results of this study.
- Here's what's surprising to me: 27 percent had come to the attention of supervisors for suspicious activities prior to the crime they were caught committing.
- Both supervisors and employees should be educated to look for signs of potential problems.
- Every cubicle is occupied, by designers, supervisors, and accountants.
- At one school, eight outside supervisors were needed to supervise and substitute.
2(in US: official)alcalde masculinealcaldesa feminine
3(in UK university)director de tesis masculinedirectora de tesis feminine
- Before the course begins, students get their supervisor, their peers, and the people they manage to critique them and forward their evaluations to the course instructors.
- Even better, your supervisor, a top researcher in the field, wants to nurture your interest in science…
- Day-to-day activities varied from helping with the telephone and photocopying to reporting to her supervisor about on-going legislative committee hearings and her own bill-analysis research.
- Work done by university staff acting as supervisors for postgraduate students can be viewed in the same way.
- This commonly occurs in editing and publishing, and in controversial circumstances might be the role a supervisor takes in the postgraduate student's final work.
- They have only occasional contact with supervisors, other health professionals and the client's family.
- And yet, there are also questions we might ask ourselves: How much do you share between supervisor and research student?
- In the third phase, the participant, her appointed mentor, and her direct supervisor will design a professional development plan.
- However, in order to make this project work, the Institute needs the input of PhD and MA supervisors to put students in contact with them.
- My heartfelt thank goes to my supervisor for his insightful suggestions.
- If students and supervisors find themselves initially bamboozled with beginning an exegesis, then I suggest that they read the exegeses of others and talk to candidates who are further advanced in the processes.
- I owed my participation to my research supervisor at Cambridge, only to find myself in a group of celebrities from all over the world - statesmen, philosophers, journalists, Members of Parliament and poets.
- To such supervisors, research students may represent a source of cheap research labour.
- Teacher educators, supervisors, and professors who teach, mentor, and advise preservice teachers should consider the resistant nature of teacher efficacy beliefs.
- It was an unusual meeting of supervisor and postgraduates: all four of us were aged between twenty-four and thirty.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.