In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(competition/measures/policy/solutions) del lado de la oferta
- The backlash brought monetarist and supply-side doctrines into prominence.
- Eradication of the plants used as the raw material for narcotics production is one of many supply-side policy options available to governments.
- The most common types of regional policies are supply-side policies, which attempt to improve the environment for local investment by upgrading the quality of the local production factor inputs.
- Both concentrate on supply-side policy, using the stick of ‘employability’ as an excuse to downgrade welfare benefits.
- These results question Canada's mass expenditure on supply-side policies.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.