1(for commodities)precio de apoyo masculineprecio (de) sostén masculine
- In the countryside, the rural exodus gathered pace when reforms to the CAP in 1984 and 1992 cut support prices and closed down the least profitable and most indebted farms.
- The Union government has raised the minimum support price for the 1999-2000 wheat crop to Rs 580 per quintal from Rs 550 earlier, according to an agriculture ministry statement.
- Tipton notes that some dairy groups and the federal government have advocated a very high support price for nonfat dry milk over the past couple of years, which has had a primary role in the growth of MPC imports.
- For now, the support price program provides an effective floor of about $1.10 for cheddar blocks.
- The bill stressed supporting farm income with the cash payments unrelated to what farmers grew, rather than having government support prices by purchasing surplus crops.
- These support cuts amounted to a 7% reduction in butter support prices and a 5% reduction in the support price for skim milk powder.
- Indeed, for wheat the support price is now lower than the wholesale price; the support price thus acts as a floor.
- The support price for nonfat dry milk remains the same at 60.6 cents.
- Government's intervention is needed to save them by fixing a support price for vanilla as done in the case of coconut and rubber.
- It means that we do not have to increase product or support prices.
- Second, the state established institutions to set support prices.
- It benefits directly from the exaggerated support prices the government shells out for this ‘health food.’
- The ASCUs are then reimbursed by the Treasury for any loss related to the difference between the support price and the sales price.
- A rethink on minimum support prices was also on the cards.
- The government procures rice and wheat at minimum support prices, which are often higher than international prices.
- The administration has no plans to impose a milk tax or cut support prices in any year.
- The principle on which it rests is that of encouraging production by providing support prices for agricultural production of various sorts.
- The accumulation of stocks results from the government's commitment to unrealistically high minimum support prices of food grains - of wheat and rice in particular.
- Additionally, the reforms do not lower European support prices for grain, known under CAP as intervention prices.
- The entry prices also serve as support prices for the major crops.
2(of stock prices)nivel de existencia masculine