In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(adherent)partidario masculinepartidaria feminine
- In this type of movement, we can also learn how to relate to supporters of other left wing parties.
- The activists selling the paper were finding a legal way of organising supporters of an illegal party.
- The results are likely to dismay supporters of liberal teaching methods.
- The supporters of the Symposium proposal have a battle plan and they believe it will work.
- How did supporters of the proposed federal Constitution contest this position?
- The democratic left should never again allow itself to be led by the supporters of totalitarianism.
- However, supporters of the new regime argue that the customer will not suffer.
- My wife and I are supporters of the festival and actually come to Lancaster to stay for two weeks around it.
- It is often said by supporters of the EU that it is misunderstood and that it is even the subject of xenophobia.
- It is hugely encouraging that the supporters of this noble programme are coalescing.
- There would appear to be some confusion among these supporters of the AUT boycott decision.
- However, even supporters of the plans now admit that the government has failed to make a clear case for the cards.
- Those who refused to vote would be considered supporters of the separatists, he said.
- Only Protestants escaped the onslaught, though they were never supporters of the regime.
- The backlash has been muted, further encouraging Scottish supporters of a ban to push for change.
- Those who claim to be peace protesters but remain supporters of the Labour party are hypocrites.
- It should be noted from the outset that I have long been a public supporter of uniting the political right federally.
- A common argument put by supporters of the proposal is that it is vital to the future prosperity of the city centre.
- This was the site two weeks ago of a protest by supporters of asylum rights.
- The effect on the supporters of alternative government could be seen on the streets of London all last week.
1.2Sporthincha masculineseguidor masculineseguidora feminineto thank one's supporters — agradecer a la afición
- The Leinster supporter has been actively engaged in fundraising for the hospital for several years.
- So today, how many supporters support their team because they actually know the players?
- By then the fizz was largely gone from the home team and the Irish supporters left the ground as they had entered it.
- The Greens are delighted to add their congratulations to the team and its supporters.
- There are still a few places on the Academy bus for supporters wishing to travel to Whitehaven on Sunday.
- Without exception, however, it is clear that all supporters want the team to win.
- Even the most optimistic supporter of this Italian team would struggle to argue their case in the Tour of Spain.
- They insist there is no chance of either team returning if supporters have strayed onto the playing surface.
- You must have nerves of steel to be a Great Britain supporter, because the team will put you through an emotional rollercoaster.
- As a supporter of a team or an individual that gets to an all-Ireland final, there's also something very special.
- Joe took a keen interest in sport and was a renowned supporter of the Mayo teams.
- He had a great fondness for sport and was a strong supporter of the Galway hurling and football teams.
- I am yet to read in a newspaper, or see on television, a report involving a brawl with the supporter of a rugby team and the match officials.
- Another bonfire and a big crowd of supporters awaited the team as they arrived into town.
- York was a keen supporter of our sport and until recently an active pilot himself.
- It used to be the case that the supporters lifted the team and the team lifted the supporters.
- He was the most vociferous supporter of the team, and he loved being part of it.
- This will be the last opportunity this year for the two clubs' supporters to view their teams.
- Tom is a staunch supporter of western teams, no matter what the sporting code.
- Even more, I am very pleased do it here in France for the team and all our supporters.
USsuspensorio masculinesuspensor masculine River Plate Peru
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.