In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(adherent)partidario masculinepartidaria feminine
- This was the site two weeks ago of a protest by supporters of asylum rights.
- Those who refused to vote would be considered supporters of the separatists, he said.
- In this type of movement, we can also learn how to relate to supporters of other left wing parties.
- It is hugely encouraging that the supporters of this noble programme are coalescing.
- However, even supporters of the plans now admit that the government has failed to make a clear case for the cards.
- The effect on the supporters of alternative government could be seen on the streets of London all last week.
- However, supporters of the new regime argue that the customer will not suffer.
- My wife and I are supporters of the festival and actually come to Lancaster to stay for two weeks around it.
- There would appear to be some confusion among these supporters of the AUT boycott decision.
- It should be noted from the outset that I have long been a public supporter of uniting the political right federally.
- The activists selling the paper were finding a legal way of organising supporters of an illegal party.
- Only Protestants escaped the onslaught, though they were never supporters of the regime.
- It is often said by supporters of the EU that it is misunderstood and that it is even the subject of xenophobia.
- The democratic left should never again allow itself to be led by the supporters of totalitarianism.
- The backlash has been muted, further encouraging Scottish supporters of a ban to push for change.
- The supporters of the Symposium proposal have a battle plan and they believe it will work.
- Those who claim to be peace protesters but remain supporters of the Labour party are hypocrites.
- How did supporters of the proposed federal Constitution contest this position?
- The results are likely to dismay supporters of liberal teaching methods.
- A common argument put by supporters of the proposal is that it is vital to the future prosperity of the city centre.
1.2Sporthincha masculineseguidor masculineseguidora feminineto thank one's supporters — agradecer a la afición
- York was a keen supporter of our sport and until recently an active pilot himself.
- Joe took a keen interest in sport and was a renowned supporter of the Mayo teams.
- The Leinster supporter has been actively engaged in fundraising for the hospital for several years.
- This will be the last opportunity this year for the two clubs' supporters to view their teams.
- The Greens are delighted to add their congratulations to the team and its supporters.
- Tom is a staunch supporter of western teams, no matter what the sporting code.
- He was the most vociferous supporter of the team, and he loved being part of it.
- By then the fizz was largely gone from the home team and the Irish supporters left the ground as they had entered it.
- It used to be the case that the supporters lifted the team and the team lifted the supporters.
- There are still a few places on the Academy bus for supporters wishing to travel to Whitehaven on Sunday.
- Another bonfire and a big crowd of supporters awaited the team as they arrived into town.
- Even more, I am very pleased do it here in France for the team and all our supporters.
- They insist there is no chance of either team returning if supporters have strayed onto the playing surface.
- As a supporter of a team or an individual that gets to an all-Ireland final, there's also something very special.
- I am yet to read in a newspaper, or see on television, a report involving a brawl with the supporter of a rugby team and the match officials.
- He had a great fondness for sport and was a strong supporter of the Galway hurling and football teams.
- So today, how many supporters support their team because they actually know the players?
- Without exception, however, it is clear that all supporters want the team to win.
- You must have nerves of steel to be a Great Britain supporter, because the team will put you through an emotional rollercoaster.
- Even the most optimistic supporter of this Italian team would struggle to argue their case in the Tour of Spain.
USsuspensorio masculinesuspensor masculine Peru River Plate
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.