In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Oral fluids and antiemetic suppositories, if needed, should result in an uneventful recovery in about 36 hours.
- There were ointments and vapours, and also suppositories and purgatives.
- A drug allergy was suspected and eventually traced to analgesic suppositories.
- Paediatric anaesthetists often break paracetamol suppositories to achieve an approximate dose for children of different ages and weights.
- Postoperative pain relief may be further assisted with preoperative indomethacin suppositories.
- It is available in liquid drops, oral liquid (by mouth), chewable tablets, and rectal suppositories.
- Do not use other laxatives, enemas, or suppositories unless your doctor tells you to.
- People unable to swallow safely after a stroke can be given aspirin as a suppository.
- Patients who do not respond to other interventions may have to use other mild laxatives, suppositories and enemas and their use may become inevitable in the later stages of the disease.
- Depending on the part of your body being scanned, your doctor may ask you to take laxatives, enemas or suppositories, or temporarily modify your diet further.
- They are available as tablets, capsules, liquids and suppositories (medication placed in the vagina or anus).
- We undertook separate analyses of micronised oral progesterone and progesterone pessaries or suppositories versus placebo.
- As the rectal suppositories melt, the medication soothes the inflamed area, providing symptomatic relief and promoting healing.
- This medicine may be a cream or a suppository that you put into your vagina with a special applicator.
- If the suppository is too soft to insert, chill the suppository in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or run cold water over it before removing the foil wrapper.
- Topical creams may be better than suppositories because of ease and accuracy of medication placement.
- Injections, nasal sprays, wafers or suppositories (soft capsules that you insert into the vagina or anus) are other options.
- Rather than treating yourself with over-the-counter yeast creams or suppositories, it is best to see your doctor for an exam.
- In an attempt to better manage pain immediately after surgery, some staff requested orders for around-the-clock, regular doses of acetaminophen suppositories.
- Lollipops, lotions, syrups, sprays and suppositories can also be developed instead of using the manufactured form.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.