In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1recargo masculineto impose a surcharge on sth — aplicar un recargo a algo
- import surcharge — sobretasa de importación
- I was saying though, that if you increase the Medicare surcharge, the government is able to increase rebates.
- If the tax payment is still not made by 28 February, an additional surcharge of 5% on the outstanding balance is imposed.
- The abolition of any tax is invariably a good thing and the abolition of an evil surcharge on superannuation retirement income funds is by definition an excellent decision.
- However, the pricing structure will remain unchanged as Barclays will not levy any surcharge.
- Up to that point the company had been adding a 7 percent fuel surcharge to cover the additional costs.
- Road tax will be abolished and the loss of revenue will be compensated for with an additional surcharge on fuel.
- The airlines introduced passenger fuel surcharges in May to help neutralise what were then record fuel prices.
- If you're caught, your insurance surcharge will be much higher.
- All prices are fully inclusive of taxes and the insurance surcharge.
- The first part introduced a tax surcharge to induce high-income earners to purchase private health insurance.
- Late payment surcharges will be applied in accordance with Section 3.1 of the Student Fee Regulations.
- Again, I never bid on an item that only has Paypal payment and a hefty surcharge.
- If the 10 per cent surcharge is added, the effective rate will be 27.5 per cent.
- Plans for a £5 surcharge on speeding tickets to fund victim support services came under fire last night.
- Low-cost carriers are also about to increase surcharges.
- However, many virtual banks reimburse customers for ATM surcharges incurred, so you can make free withdrawals almost anywhere.
- Clients who want all organic meat and vegetables can expect to pay a surcharge.
- We use the surcharge to encourage faster payments, and it works.
- An additional delivery surcharge (if applicable) is shown in parentheses next to the price.
- The reduction in dividend tax and removal of surcharge on tax are welcome measures for manufacturing industries.
1(person) aplicar un recargo ayou may be surcharged — tal vez le apliquen un recargo
- the parcel was surcharged — hubo que pagar un recargo por el paquete
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.