In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1surf masculinesurfing masculine(gear/club) de surf(club/gear) de surfing
- The wide world of surfing made the front page of the Los Angeles Times this morning.
- As the final went on, perhaps an hour in length, the present and future of surfing were on display.
- Is this really the extreme to which the high life of surfing has finally been reduced?
- The sport that mixes elements of kite flying, wind surfing and surfing has grown rapidly over the past five years.
- Though it sounds intimidating at first, Addison insists that river surfing is an accessible sport with the right introduction, which he gives.
- Waves do bash its shores, and there is great surfing year-round.
- This was, of course, the one period in surfing which saw the most radical change.
- What we have here is an examination of the impact of surfing on the lives of several men and women.
- Riding boards in a prone position has been around probably longer than stand-up surfing.
- The event was the men's open division and the top surfers took advantage of favourable conditions with some high scoring rides and explosive surfing on the big waves.
- Her parents moved over to the islands in the late sixties and fell in love with the sport of surfing.
- The power and performance level that Laird has brought into the sport of surfing is unparalleled.
- Madeira has a host of water sports options including surfing and water skiing.
- However, despite that the sport of surfing continues to grow in popularity.
- The key concept in catching waves in all forms of surfing is to try to match approaching wave speed.
- His perception of surfing is as the sport and lifestyle should be, positively happy.
- One of my favorite sports of summer, surfing has its strong points and fantastic features that many non-surfers do not know about.
- While Morgan didn't have any idea what the ‘rush’ would feel like, he thought it seemed like a suitably vague term for the sport of surfing.
- What they gave us is their snapshot look at contemporary surfing, for good or ill.
- Coffs Harbour is a pretty little town in which surfing is the sport of choice.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.