In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cirujano masculinecirujana feminine
- Patients with jaundice are still most often referred to surgeons, though in practice few require surgery.
- A heart surgeon performed a different form of surgery when he faced a class of schoolchildren.
- Ruth was referred to a vascular surgeon to assess her splenic artery aneurysm.
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons is the largest organization of board-certified plastic surgeons in the world.
- The paediatric cardiac surgeons now have data that are robust and rigorous.
- I was once telephoned by a heart transplant surgeon about whom I had written.
- We have to help them become brain surgeons.
- Early group portraits show noble surgeons parading their medical knowledge with elitist pomp.
- The patient is seen in the surgeon's office the morning after surgery.
- The surgeon inserts the delivery device directly into the artery.
- She suffered a broken left thigh and was operated on by surgeons at the hospital.
- The trauma surgeon performs a focused abdominal sonogram.
- General thoracic surgeons do both of these procedures and may be clustered in specific hospitals.
- The qualified veterinary surgeon was previously director of consumer protection at the Food Safety Authority.
- Many surgeons working in private practice and in cosmetic clinics would not meet these criteria.
- Unfortunately, the treatment involves the surgeon's knife.
- One quick snip of the surgeon's knife and the pain will be gone.
- I could have dreamt of becoming the best surgeon in the world.
- In the emotional version the father is a surgeon operating on a severely injured accident victim.
- For the first three years, he was the sole orthopaedic surgeon at the hospital.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.