1(better)superarhe surpasses all others in his skill — los supera a todos en habilidad
- she's really surpassed herself this time — esta vez sí que se ha lucido
- He was a strong leader, a visionary in his way, a figure surpassing all around him at home and on the continent.
- Ever believable, this actress to my mind continually surpasses what I have always come to think of as her definitive performance.
- Really successful logos sometimes attain a level of cultural recognition that surpasses the product they represent.
- Once again the cast have been asked to put on a special attempt to surpass the productions of the past years.
2(exceed, go beyond)(expectations) superar(expectations) sobrepasar(expectations) rebasarit surpasses all understanding/belief — es incomprensible/increíble
- Consumers in this market are driven by a passion for a sport and its products that surpasses the level of passion for other recreational activities.
- Of the eight players chosen ahead of Stoudemire, none has surpassed his production.
- In her first month of production her sales-commission numbers surpassed my first year.
- If their arguments are successful, they can easily surpass the targets.
- Remittances, as they're called, are expected to become Mexico's primary source of income this year, surpassing the amount of money that Mexico makes on oil exports for the first time ever.
- The North American industry, including both console and computer games, is worth about $11 billion, easily surpassing movie box office totals, its closest competitor.
- Some 23 provinces suffer power shortages as demand from industrial production surpasses the growth of generation capacity.
- The divorce rate among Korean Americans has reached and is possibly surpassing the national average.
- The sound for the game, however, far surpasses any expectation for a video game.
- The film's incredibly bad storyline was only surpassed by the poor acting.
- The rubbery consistency was surpassed only by the amount of sediment in the liqueur.
- The number of expressed sequences greatly surpasses the estimated number of protein-coding genes in mammalian genomes.
- The victory was his 51st of the season to surpass the previous mark of 50.
- At 308 metres, it will be the tallest building in the country, surpassing the 298-metre-tall First Canadian Place in downtown Toronto, Trump said today in a release.
- Moving on quickly, Democratic presidential candidate Howard Dean raised a stunning $7.5 million in the second quarter of this year, surpassing his eight rivals.
- Oddly, television, despite its factory-like production mechanisms, surpasses film in receptivity to chance in its productions.
- Ticket sales have already surpassed the 100,000 milestone.
- Companies in the midst of their seasons are meeting or surpassing their sales goals for the majority of their individual productions.
- I expect that production of cars in Thailand will surpass the 640,000-unit mark.
- The sum of the parts often surpasses the originals.