In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vigilancia feminineunder strict surveillance — bajo una estrecha vigilancia
- They also ordered him to receive intensive supervision and surveillance on his release.
- An unpolitical lad is blackmailed by the police into doing undercover surveillance in a mosque.
- Of course, such surveillance has been widely possible only in recent times.
- Monitoring and surveillance of drug efficacy is being built into operational programmes.
- It is understood police had the suspects under surveillance for weeks before the robbery.
- In the last two years we have increased both CCTV surveillance and security patrols.
- He says the government cheated him out of money and claims to be under surveillance by the FBI.
- Terrorism has to be fought with knowledge, with surveillance and intelligence.
- We are putting all our sources of surveillance and intelligence together to catch him.
- Police have been monitoring the site and using covert surveillance to trap the troublemakers.
- Their communities were criminalised and subject to excessive police surveillance.
- It expands the ability of the government to spy by wiretaps and computer surveillance.
- This review represents a pragmatic evaluation of two broad strategies of surveillance.
- The arrests marked the end of weeks of surveillance after a spate of arrests in Europe.
- The boat used was under constant surveillance from the time it entered United Kingdom waters.
- For years, undercover surveillance was the domain of warring couples and the old DHSS.
- This was despite the fact that all nine suspects were under constant surveillance.
- I've had issues with the levels of surveillance that are appearing in the UK for quite a while now.
- Is workplace surveillance making us comfortable with surveillance in general?
- He planned an operation requiring covert surveillance, to arrest several suspects.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.