In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1muerte aparente femininein a state of suspended animation — con las constantes vitales reducidas al mínimo
- I feel as if I'm in suspended animation — me siento como en el limbo
- the scheme was left in suspended animation when funds ran out — el proyecto quedó en suspenso cuando se agotaron los fondos
- A combination of the shock of taking a bullet to the chest and the cool room's temperature had put him into a state of suspended animation - but he was alive enough to position himself on the floor before he passed out.
- The freezing water cooled their body temperature down so much that they went into a state of almost suspended animation.
- Otherwise, the friendship goes into - optimistically - suspended animation, or - more realistically - decline.
- However, since you've been trapped in suspended animation on the surface, you've forgotten who you are, where you've come from, or why you're so innately powerful.
- Fantasy writers have long been captivated by the possibility of preserving human life in a reversible state of suspended animation.
- For just a few moments, I was caught in silent, suspended animation, completely forgotten as the opposing forces of gravity and buoyancy wrestled for control of my body, before propelling me to the surface.
- Anhydrobiosis is a state of suspended animation certain invertebrate animals enter in response to severe drought.
- The hardest for her to answer was why was he dying if they could do all these wonderful things, like flying through space, putting someone in suspended animation or even transforming someone to animals.
- He also performed studies on dogs to examine whether profound hypothermia could induce at least a brief state of suspended animation - something that he hoped could prove useful in cases of severe trauma and exsanguination.
- It's there on the Cryogenics logo when we see Martin sleeping in suspended animation.
- A new season, a new side and two new coaches will all help provide new opportunities for players to resurrect careers that, for a variety of reasons, had been in a state of suspended animation.
- To make sense of such resuscitations, London physician John Fothergill proposed that suspended animation was a curable form of death.
- If the parents decide against another transfer and implantation, the created embryos remain in suspended animation for as long as they remain frozen.
- In fact, evidence suggests that the compound, which puts cells in a temporary state of suspended animation, may help protect brain cells from the ravages of Parkinson's disease as well.
- Scientists have created eerie zombie dogs, reanimating the canines after several hours of clinical death in attempts to develop suspended animation for humans.
- Seeds are wonders of suspended animation, vehicles for the survival of embryonic plants, but their powers do not last forever.
- Mice have been placed in a state of near suspended animation, raising the possibility that hibernation could one day be induced in humans.
- Both went into a constitutional limbo, suspended animation if you will - or a sort of legal hibernation, where they lay sleeping for two centuries.
- Many flowering plants have gone into a state of suspended animation, or ended their growth cycle prematurely, but look around as you go from street to street and make a note of those species which are still making a bold impact.
- So of course, life as we know it goes into suspended animation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.