In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(development/consumption/tourism) sostenible(consumption/development/tourism) sustentable
- They then decided to promote policies and strategies that will engender sustainable development.
- Equitable and sustainable development presumes that the natural resources will be used.
- And we've got to deal with the environment, get a sustainable development running in this country.
- It is the next challenge for those of us who are active in creating a sustainable agriculture system.
- It is time to envision and design the plane of sustainable agriculture and dream of it really flying!
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.