In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1macaón femininemariposa macaón feminine
- In summer, swallowtail butterflies drift through the garden, riding the breeze on black or yellow wings.
- Dill and fennel are good plants for the caterpillars of the black swallowtail butterfly.
- Furnish your garden with nectar-rich flowering plants, and monarchs, swallowtails, and other winged visitors will drop by regularly, bringing beauty and motion with them.
- If you want tiger swallowtail butterflies, plant a willow tree.
- Create a shallow puddle to attract swallowtails, blues, sulfurs and other butterflies that enjoy drinking at mud puddles.
- Australian butterflies are from the families of whites, browns, blues and swallowtails, unbelievably sensible names.
- They can be as graceful as the swallowtail butterflies drifting by on a summer day.
- Citrus attracts the swallowtail butterfly, and the larvae resemble bird droppings, but you will want to leave the young alone for the sake of future butterflies.
- Meanwhile, most fish, birds, and reptiles still have four kinds of cones, and some butterflies, like the Japanese yellow swallowtail, have five.
- This species is endemic to the Western Ghats and is considered the rarest and endangered swallowtail.
- Some studies have shown that monarch larva die when fed Bt pollen, although other studies of swallowtail butterflies show little effect.
- Well, it turned out to be a common tiger swallowtail, but I decided that I wanted to get into collecting, too.
- We photograph a big school of red swallowtails and red snappers that live next to a rocky wall covered with yellow zoanthids.
- An acute awareness of butterflies, which she developed after a brief encounter with a swallowtail in New Mexico, has convinced her that butterflies add a luminous dimension to one's life.
- Eyeing a green-banded swallowtail fluttering above him, Samson takes a running leap and with a deft swoop of his net catches the iridescent butterfly.
- The students also sighted the endangered species of butterflies such as the Southern Birdwing, Malabar branded swallowtail and the Malabar Rose during the camp.
- After mating, the male tiger swallowtail butterfly deposits a small ‘mating plug’ inside the female to try to prevent her from mating again.
- The refuge provides shelter and habitat for more than 300 butterfly species, including the zebra longwing, pipevine swallowtail, julia, and Mexican blue wing.
- Today I have a single glossy abelia (Abelia x grandiflora) in my own garden, and it is visited all summer and even throughout early fall by groups of butterflies, particularly the various swallowtails.
- Examples where intraspecific variation is apparently restricted to degree rather than direction include fruit flies and swallowtail butterflies.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.