In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1suéter masculinepulóver masculinejersey masculine Spainbuzo masculine Uruguaychompa feminine Peruchomba feminine Chile
- Bulky wool sweaters, for example, will add undesired volume to your waist and chest.
- A nice pair of jeans with a cashmere pullover sweater and a nice pair of shoes is a good look.
- Last I checked, there were more options in the closet than plunging necklines and bulky sweaters.
- Models sashayed the catwalk in their jeans, textural cable knit sweaters and big fur bags.
- The countryside was a major theme with rustic cord jodhpurs, pedal pushers with buttons at the knee, checked shirts and Aran sweaters.
- Members of the cooperative spin and dye wool, knit sweaters, and also make ceramic crafts.
- Local men wore turbans, and shalwar kameez with wool vests or sweaters.
- For less formal moments, there are shirts and sweaters with coordinated gloves.
- He wore handmade wool sweaters and long Mexican ponchos.
- The frequency with which wool and cashmere sweaters should be washed varies.
- While gray suits are still all the rage, gray knits, shirts and sweaters are no longer as trendy.
- Everyone around is wearing colourful sweaters, cardigans and pullovers.
- Short sleeves, chunky sweaters are part of this season's look.
- This includes everything from jeans and knit shirts to sweaters and sweats.
- Even with her wool sweaters, shirts, leggings, socks, and cloak, she was still cold.
- The new procedures call for the removal of all outer garments, including sweaters and sweatshirts.
- Woolen sweaters, cardigans, mittens, and socks were knitted with elaborate patterns.
- If wool yarn is used in any of the sweaters, the finished garment should be dry cleaned or gently hand washed.
- She concealed her arm beneath sweaters with sleeves that dangled loosely, even in sweltering weather.
- They were twenty-somethings with short haircuts wearing black crewneck or turtle neck sweaters.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.