In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The boycott will benefit the workers within the sweatshop.
- A sweatshop is a factory where the workers do long hours for low pay, they may have to work in uncomfortable or dangerous conditions.
- Western concern at the plight of workers in sweatshops is touching.
- Hundreds of other Asian women are believed to be virtually imprisoned in similar conditions in illegal clothing sweatshops.
- Are you careful not to buy products that are mass-produced by low-paid workers in third-world sweatshops?
- The existence of sweatshops in Hong Kong is directly attributable to the Cold War.
- China is a good economic competitor, where millions of people work for slave wages in sweatshops to make U.S. corporations richer.
- They can be found on farms and plantations, and in factories and sweatshops.
- Third world workers want to toil in sweatshops, recognizing that it improves their prospects.
- The conditions in the sweatshops of south east Asia are reminiscent of the way in which Engels described conditions in the north of England in the 1840s.
- If we listen to some of the speeches from the other side of the House, we get the impression that some of these workshops are sweatshops.
- Working conditions vary widely from the worst kind of sweatshop to factory complexes with clinics, schools and entertainment.
- Lawsuit against fashion designer details sweatshop conditions in New York City garment factories
- The program featured images of women and children working long hours in sweatshops making sneakers.
- We'll speak with an author who says corporate America is run like a sweatshop and workers can hardly keep up.
- Higher oil and raw material prices have also forced factory sweatshops to further slash the impoverished wages and conditions.
- Morris could see neither of these in the use of machinery in the Victorian factories and sweatshops that surrounded him.
- On Tuesday police rescued child workers from a sweatshop operating in the Manila suburb of Binondo.
- Two weeks ago, Farias's office participated in 81 raids of sweatshops that employ immigrant labor.
- Saipan has served as a haven for Asian Pacific sweatshops for major US retailers.
fábrica donde se explota a los trabajadores
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.