- Enter this mystical city through a narrow, cobbled street where street vendors selling everything from sweetmeats to silver trinkets and leather slippers call out to passing trade.
- Candy sweetmeats, sugar, ice cream, condiments, tea and coffee should also be avoided.
- When it comes to finding such Australian sweetmeats as witchetty grubs and honey pot ants, Aboriginal women are masters at divining underground hideouts.
- The fruits are eaten stewed, candied, in sweetmeats, and in a jelly.
- All that was lacking was our traditional sweetmeat, shortbread in a tartan tin.