In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1natación feminineswimming is my favorite sport — la natación es mi deporte favorito
- swimming is fun — nadar es divertido
- Experienced instructors often say that swimming is as natural an activity as walking.
- They should also be able to give a view on how other swimming and sports facilities can be modernised.
- Tourism has been limited, with the obvious activity of swimming restricted by strong coastal currents in the area.
- Fishing, waterskiing, windsurfing, boat races and swimming are also favorite activities.
- Sports such as swimming and athletics, which don't need much equipment, are fine.
- These four gentlemen showed everyone that swimming is truly a sport that can be enjoyed for life.
- It is hoped that the scheme will tempt more local people to use the city's world-class swimming and sports facilities.
- I have coached both swimming and water polo at the club, high school and collegiate levels.
- They can spend their time here relaxing, walking, sunbathing, swimming and scuba diving.
- What was accomplished in Missouri was a major triumph for the sport of swimming.
- I can perform other activities, including swimming, yoga, running without significant pain.
- Water sports such as canoeing, yachting, windsurfing and swimming should be encouraged.
- Unlike walking and other motions, swimming is not a natural activity for the human body.
- Eileen also plays basketball but swimming is her favourite sport.
- Not much here except clear clean water for great swimming and snorkeling.
- Place the water bottle and any swimming aids at the shallow end.
- He said swimming was a technical sport which required swimmers to be taught certain reflexes while still young in order to be top-class swimmers.
- He was fond of out-door activities and enjoyed swimming, hill-walking and cycling.
- At most girls' schools basketball and hockey were the winter sports with tennis and swimming and lifesaving in summer.
- Once the acute pain has settled, a gradual return to activities such as swimming and walking should be undertaken.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.