In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1con alas de geometría variable
- The two-seat SLR has the swing-wing doors and the futuristic interior is beautified by red leather seats and chromed panels on the dashboard.
- Congress cancelled the program and allowed the U.S. Navy to request bids to create a new swing-wing fighter.
- The swing-wing design and turbofan engines not only provide greater range and high speed at low levels but they also enhance the bomber's survivability.
- This swing-wing bomber's official name was Lancer, but its crews called it the ‘Bone’.
- The swing-wing design also allows slow flight with the wings fully extended to increase lift.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.