In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1turno de tarde masculine
- My load crew and two other crews were working the swing shift.
- To avoid daycare, parents will need complementary part - time jobs, full - time swing shifts, or home - based employment.
- Everyone loves them; however, these nurses think that they have paid their dues and have worked more call, night, and swing shifts than anyone else, so they do not need to do it anymore.
- This view is from outside the tunnel, just as the swing shift was ready to go to work.
- That day, I was on swing shift and received a call at home shortly before I was leaving for work.
- After a month talking with people who work twelve-hour swing shifts and support a family on $6.50 an hour, the students often feel that returning to sheltered college life is no longer an option.
- I figured he'd be at home sleeping before his swing shift.
- People shouldn't have to take swing shift jobs if they have kids, or jobs that require a commute if they don't own cars, or jobs that require them to stand if they have circulation problems.
- It happened about a year ago when I was a production superintendent on the swing shift.
- He worked swing shift - 3 to 11 p.m. - or graveyard, the night shift.
- But modern-day life, with its swing shifts and all-night lighting, often manually overrides nature's schedules.
- So I would go to college in the daytime, rehearsing on the swing shift and performing and working at the brewery.
- His story about how he and a buddy used to collect gun powder out of damaged 30 mm rounds and light it off while on swing shift to pass the time really intrigued me.
- Does anyone work swing shift on a regular basis?
- Working class families have done that kind of thing for ever: one parent works the day shift, one swing shift, so as to cover child care.
- For three weeks he'd watched her leave the hospital after the swing shift, drive to her small house in the suburbs, and eventually go to bed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.