1bateador ambidiestro masculinebateadora ambidiestra feminine
- For the past few years, the respect he received in the clubhouse elevated the switch-hitter to a unique level of respect that fell somewhere between player and coach.
- A chart in the July issue of Baseball Digest listed switch-hitters with the most extra-base hits in a season.
- Reluctantly at first, the Orioles let it happen and watched Murray blossom into one of the greatest switch-hitters in baseball history.
- Kata, 25, a switch-hitter, stepped in when Arizona regular second baseman Junior Spivey was injured. He proved a real find.
- Well, I think they see in him what I see in him, which is a switch-hitter who plays good defense at all three outfield spots, has incredible plate discipline and some good power.
- The upsurge in such talented players was readily apparent last season when there were no less than 94 switch-hitters who came to bat in the majors, 47 in the American and 47 in the National League.
- The switch-hitter had 100 hits from each side of the plate in 1979, when he led the National League with 211 hits.
- The Rangers had four switch-hitters in their major league camp - two on the 40-man roster, Carl Everett and Mark Teixeira, and two non-roster invitees.
- The only switch-hitter who swatted more home runs than Murray was Mickey Mantle.
- But very little about the switch-hitter's rookie season in 1999 suggested the kind of offensive potential he showed last year.
- The updated list of switch-hitters who collected 30 or more homers in a season is still topped by Mickey Mantle who belted 54 round-trippers in 1961.
- The honor helped solidify Jones' high ranking among current major league switch-hitters.
- In the answer to a letter-writer in the November issue with regard to switch-hitters winning a league batting title, you omitted Pete Reiser.
- He's a switch-hitter who can handle the demands of being in the middle of a lineup.
- In an earlier issue of Baseball Digest, it was stated that Bernie Williams of the Yankees is one of seven switch-hitters to win a batting title in the majors.
- The switch-hitter led the National League in stolen bases in 1960 and 1961.
- September 28: Cardinals shortstop Garry Templeton becomes the first major league switch-hitter to collect 100 or more hits from both sides of the plate.
- I mean, look at how many switch-hitters there have always been in baseball.
- Ken Caminiti tied Mantle's record for most RBI as a switch-hitter when he drove in 130 runs for the Padres in 1996.
- Facing four switch-hitters in a row, it wouldn't have mattered much, as he worked through the tenth allowing only a Sierra single.