In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1girarshe swiveled around to look at me — giró sobre sus talones para mirarme
- So, I tactfully swivelled round on my stool, and pretended to watch the guys playing darts, until my mate Barry returned from the bar with a couple of fresh pints.
- I swiveled my chair around and watched the four men lean over the artwork.
- Bob (the dad) was at the wheel, swivelling his head around, as if looking for someone.
- He swiveled around in his chair, looked over the rims of his glasses and gave me a toothy grin.
- Suddenly he swivelled round and began doing Groucho Marx impressions.
- She swiveled round and brought up one of her short swords.
- He swiveled in his chair to wait for the rest of the students to clear out of the room before he spoke.
- He stared out the window at the night, then his eyes swivelled round and met my gaze.
- The young man swings his legs down from the desk, swiveling around in his chair to stare at his older brother.
- Benji swiveled the swing so that the chains crossed and he was facing her.
- And perhaps both of them would have offered the same advice to Tina Turner, who could still set a rock concert audience alight at 60, and Tom Jones, still swivelling his pelvis at 64.
- I'm not sure if the line manager had noticed the extra wires but as he was sitting at the desk and swivelling his chair, his legs must have got tangled in the wires.
- I swivelled my chair around and looked at the screen of my own computer, which showed me, a blue screen with a few icons shoved to the side.
- ‘You can hang up if you want,’ he said, swivelling around in his chair.
- After we had cleared the city, he set the controls and swiveled his chair around to face me.
- Try swivelling the mixer tap round to the right and the ensuing stream of water misses the second sink by a good couple of inches, creating large puddles across the worktop.
- Two semi-young security guards swiveled their chairs around to get a good look at us.
- Jason swiveled in his chair and typed a command at the keyboard below the flashing screen.
- Each venue would have specifically designed cruising areas, where you would stand on your own, away from your friends, eyes swivelling round like radars.
- The lights came on at her touch and she swiveled her chair to look at the computer monitor.
1hacer girarhe swiveled his chair around — hizo girar la silla
1plataforma giratoria feminine
- Each model is equipped with swivel studs, swivels and a padded sling.
- I had some drilled balsa bodies and I inserted a length of brass welding rod in one end and a swivel in the other.
- Also shown is the Weatherby web sling, 1 1/4-inch width, supplied with swivels.
- A lump of clay is then placed at the centre of the motorised swivel and moulded into the desired shape.
- Snap hooks at each end of the sling attach to the sling swivels, allowing the rifle to be securely carried like a backpack.
- Patented swivel axle keeps all three wheels on the ground even on sharp turns.
- Each groove holds the projection and stops the swivel action while the swivel base swivels to a particular orientation in the mounting base.
- A point to remember is that small swivels turn much easier than large ones, so if you are using a fifteen pound leader use one or two small swivels, say size 10 which have a breaking strain of about 40 pounds.
- In my opinion the best way to attach the float to the line is with a swivel attached to a short length of power gum.
- Both are equipped with studs for sling swivels.
- We quickly diagnosed the malfunction and determined that both inboard spoiler swivels required replacement.
- Also don't use the small buckle swivels which have become fashionable with some anglers, they don't work and you will lose flies when casting.
- All you need is two one-inch swivels and the ability to choose between two good looking colors - black or chestnut.
- It had been equipped with front and rear sling swivels.
- Sling ends are tapered to fit standard swivels.
- The rifle also features an exhibition-grade claro walnut stock with ebony tip, cap and gold swivels.
- I have never used a spit, instead, I use a couple of meat hooks and a fishing swivel.
- There are still a lot of non-locking swivels on the market.
- It weighed in at about 10 lb fully loaded, sporting the Kahles scope and fitted with swivels, but not wearing a sling.
- Whole boxes of swivels going green and horrid, bulk spools of line that are there from one season to the next… how the tackle manufacturers must love us!
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.