In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Patients may have had symptoms from a few days to several weeks before presentation.
- They are often found in patients who have no symptoms of gallbladder disease.
- Fortunately, there is a range of products available to treat the symptoms of hay fever.
- The symptoms of valve disease depend on which valve is affected, and how severely.
- Patients whose main symptoms are aching or oedema may benefit from compression hosiery.
- Thus the test does not seem to be helpful when assessing patients with urological symptoms.
- Keep in mind that not every physical sensation is a symptom of a terminal illness.
- When a patient describes all these symptoms the diagnosis should be straightforward.
- How can one pick out the symptoms of mental illness in patients who seem otherwise normal?
- Patients should be advised that this is a real condition and that their symptoms are not imaginary.
- The infection may be passed on without causing meningitis or any symptoms of the disease.
- This may be the first symptom of sickle cell disease in babies, who also may develop a fever.
- We carried out a secondary analysis of the treatment of behavioural and physical symptoms.
- The businessman was in stable condition with no fever, one of the major symptoms of the disease.
- The initial symptoms of acute mountain sickness are warning signs to be heeded carefully.
- These consultations should not be contingent on the patient developing new symptoms.
- Acupuncture is mainly used for treating conditions in which symptoms are the main problem.
- We were astonished by the severity of heartburn and other symptoms in our patients.
- The characteristic symptom of scarlet fever is a fine rash on the body that feels like sandpaper to touch.
- One day, he was consulted by a young woman with the symptoms of heart disease.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.