In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The workers responded by looking to the most radical ideas available - those of syndicalism.
- Others inside the party nurtured hopes of a return to past Stalinist glories or some form of militant syndicalism.
- Once again, this stance expresses political passivity, this time dressed up in the garb of militant syndicalism.
- This party was strongly oriented toward syndicalism and viewed the international conflict over program and principles with contempt.
- His arrest and eventual acquittal on charges of sedition strengthened militant convictions that he took back to Britain in 1910 and pursued through syndicalism and then communism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.