In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Two distinct clinical syndromes are recognized, early-and late-onset disease.
- What is commonly known as influenza or the flu is a syndrome, not a disease.
- The relative contribution of these distinct injury mechanisms in different syndromes and disease models is simply not known.
- Congenital heart defects appear to run in families and are associated with many genetic syndromes.
- So what about children in whom there clearly is some form of a rare syndrome, yet no diagnosis has been made?
- The immune response produces a syndrome of inflammation at the site of the infection.
- Cardiac enlargement was the most common abnormality associated with both of these clinical syndromes.
- Because all of the cells are at risk, hereditary cancer syndromes also increase the risk of multiple primary tumors.
- A number of rare or uncommon congenital syndromes are associated with decreased platelet production.
- Acute lung injury and acute respiratory distress syndrome are clinical syndromes that are characterized by extreme hypoxemia and high mortality.
- Asthma is a syndrome characterized by episodes of reversible airway obstruction.
- There are likely to be several distinct fat alteration syndromes occurring in a variety of combinations.
- Sleep apnea syndromes are more common in men than in women.
- Impaired respiratory muscle function is the most severe consequence of several newly described syndromes affecting critically ill patients.
- In around one in three people with the syndrome, the condition gets better without any treatment.
- More likely, these models are represented in humans by rare syndromes that can be traced to altered functions of specific genes.
- The investigators used factor analysis to identify a cluster of symptoms and syndromes unique to Gulf War veterans.
- It is most commonly used for the correction of more severe deformities and syndromes that were untreatable in the past.
- Further longitudinal studies are needed to assess whether these findings apply to operationally defined fatigue syndromes.
- The genes responsible for such syndromes increase cancer risk to such an extent that all other factors are largely superseded.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.