In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The trial judge next summarizes the evidence at trial, providing merely a synopsis without comment.
- The following is a brief synopsis of the quagmire we would be entering.
- Following are brief synopses of this year's management sessions.
- The bibliography provides a guide to more than 130 studies, giving researchers brief synopses of research methods, topic coverage, data sources and reported findings.
- The author's text, which includes brief synopses of the specific battles, makes the paintings all the more interesting and understandable.
- The following are brief synopses of the artists and the work they hope to have in the Grad Show; however, the exhibit's final incarnation is still in the works, and the show will undoubtedly present us with a few surprises.
- The issue provides a brief synopsis of each topic with links to the information on-line.
- If you scroll to the airport, it gives you just a brief synopsis of delays, the departures and weather conditions.
- The historical synopses that the author offers are, once again, brief but sufficient.
- A brief synopsis of the lithology, age, and paleoenvironment and associated fauna are given for each unit.
- Even a synopsis of the events will do, in review form if you must.
- At the end of the course, students were asked to write a brief synopsis of their experience.
- A brief synopsis of each of the mix elements is given below, and returned to for a fuller discussion in the following chapters.
- Regular reviews or synopses of issues such as population health would be helpful.
- As a synopsis, the essay works well to give an overview of two important decades of composition research.
- The book is broken into three main sections, beginning with a brief synopsis of the state's long geologic history.
- To better inform the story, here is a brief synopsis of my Mexican food experience up to that point.
- John gave a general synopsis and managed the slides and Jo gave a more detailed explanation.
- Specifically, it scans the log files and generates a synopsis of which accounts have been used and when.
- Mr Gilder has sent a letter to all members, assuring them that there is no crisis at the theatre and giving a brief synopsis of the events that led up to the resignations.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.