In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Synovial membranes lining the inside of the joint produce synovial fluid that provides nutrition to articular cartilage.
- The zygapophyseal joints are synovial joints between the articular processes.
- The elbow joint is a synovial hinge joint limited to flexion and extension.
- Theories include vascular insufficiency or micro-fractures of the subchondral plate, with synovial fluid being forced from the synovial space into the bone.
- Its tendon passes laterally through the same osteofibrous canal in the same synovial sheath as extensor digitorum longus and terminates on the fifth metatarsal.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.