In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Orchestral synthesizers have acquired a bad rap because of their historically dubious use as substitutes for ‘real’ instruments.
- Kean's quest began when he worked as a musician, and had many requests for classic rock tunes that used synthesizers and electronic instruments.
- Tinkling piano and strings are overlaid with vernacular vocals, ethnic drums and flutes with synthesizers.
- It has never been successfully reproduced by an electronic synthesizer because it is more that just a sound… it is the soul itself.
- It was rhythm units, synthesizers, two bass players, John on guitar, and a clarinet and vocals.
- There are synthesizers that use frequency modulation and other algorithms to generate extraordinarily rich and complex sounds.
- Filling in their sound with a bevy of horns, keyboards and synthesizers, the explosive troupe leaves a larger than life impression on their audiences.
- My main instrument is the guitar, although I also use keyboards, synthesisers, and sequencers in my musical meanderings.
- Perversely, the massed violins, violas and cellos can sometimes sound uncannily like a lone synthesiser.
- Strange effects are piled on, and the song builds to a powerful climax of heavily distorted guitars and bleeping synthesizers.
- Barely audible vocal tracks are buried beneath drum machine beats and bubbly synthesizers.
- The instruments and sounds may have changed but it still sounds like a hardcore band this time playing about with synthesisers instead of guitars.
- These they combined with home-made synthesizers and early sampling devices to create a sound that could be described, in all fairness, as challenging.
- One lad kneels over an old synthesiser frequently swigging from a bottle of white cider.
- Why can the same not be true of the synthesizer and the reuse of the same sounds over and over in different contexts?
- They got their hands on drum machines, keyboards, synthesizers and began experimenting.
- Machines and electronic devices such as synthesisers, drum machines and feeders have made musicians idle.
- Add in an eclectic series of percussion sounds that can be found on your basic synthesizer and you've got a record that should at least be unusual.
- You've got a synthesizer that can basically replicate every single sound in the world.
- The music is played on a mix of traditional drums and modern instruments such as electric guitars and synthesizers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.