In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I know someone who had contracted syphilis and is trying to conceive, but with difficulty.
- Primary and secondary stage syphilis is highly infectious.
- Other less common but serious infections are also checked for, including HIV, syphilis and hepatitis B.
- Lesions in the testis can be due to tuberculosis, syphilis, or malignancy and require urgent ultrasound examination.
- The bacteria can also be passed through the placenta during pregnancy, this is known as congenital syphilis.
- Late syphilis develops about ten years after first infection.
- There was also an increase in other sexually transmitted diseases, such as syphilis and chlamydia.
- In this stage, you have no signs of syphilis, but blood tests show that you are still infected.
- In the second stage of syphilis, infected individuals get a rash in the mouth, the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet.
- Although smaller in number, incidences of gonorrhea and genital warts rose, while there was a fall in cases of herpes and syphilis.
- One tended to forget that syphilis is a chronic infection and that the patient can be debilitated.
- A single injection of penicillin can cure syphilis if the woman has had the infection for less than one year.
- His other main interest was syphilis and he studied corneal changes in congenital syphilis.
- We did not identify any new cases of HIV infection or syphilis.
- Screening tests for herpes simplex virus and syphilis were negative.
- Gonorrhoea, chlamydia and syphilis are also serious health hazards that can be avoided by people practising safer sex.
- At the turn of the century syphilis and hepatitis were also on the increase.
- Earlier treatment of HIV and syphilis decreases the risk of transmission to the fetus.
- He never married, and it is possible that as a young man he contracted syphilis during a single sexual encounter with a prostitute.
- Other less common causes of non-diabetic retinopathy include infections such as tuberculosis and syphilis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.