In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I think that's one of the systemic problems that we have dealing with corporate responsibility in America right now.
- We need to explore personal, family, community and systemic barriers that stand in the way of understanding and preventing suicides.
- Similarly, parents in this study reported that systemic therapy encouraged them to recognize their own contribution to family problems.
- The test detects low levels of a protein that indicates systemic inflammation in the body.
- Charges stemming from arguing with guards are systemic.
- But we have a real systemic problem on our hands.
- Have Aboriginal people changed, or is the problem systemic?
- And that's one of the reasons that I think we need real systemic reform, so that the checks and balances are in place.
- This is precisely why punitive taxation, while unfair in the short term, is fair in the long run - it will force a deeper, systemic change in the way we organise our city.
- Some patients may temporarily lapse into a vegetative state when systemic illness causes a reversible depression of the neural function.
- More rarely, systemic vasculitis or other immunologic diseases have been observed.
- And we have found systemic, serious problems in the way our intelligence community has acted over time.
- Yet in each instance, the flaw is singular, not systemic, and goes against things Leonardo demonstrated he knew very well in his other work.
- We are attempting to use examples of media bias to raise awareness of the deep systemic corruption afflicting the media.
- This is a systemic failure and most of the civilian leadership of the Pentagon is implicated, either by omission or comission.
- Instead he highlights a series of systemic problems and suggests a number of psychological tendencies, to explain the vast gulf between claim and reality.
- Several forms of systemic therapy exist for psoriasis.
- Skin lesions are identical to those seen in systemic small vessel vasculitis.
- Blind review is not the answer - the problem is far more systemic.
- It is a systemic, chronic failure of management right across the totality of the agency.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.