In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(outer garment)camiseta feminine
- Everyone there was dressed for the hot summer sun, in bathing suits and oversized T-shirts.
- The neat cut means that they look as good with tailoring and smart shoes as they do with casual T-shirts and trainers.
- Stripes are striking out on the style front too, on T-shirts, cotton shirts and shorts too.
- I glided over to my pajama drawer and selected a pair of sweatpants and a tee shirt to wear to bed.
- Jude entered with his soft brown hair amiss and wearing his nightclothes - a white tee shirt and a pair of blue plaid pants.
- He wore white slip-on shoes, brown jeans, a blue T-shirt and a yellow sports jacket.
- I opened my drawer as silently as I could so as to not wake Jake up, and pulled out a pair of blue jeans and a black tee shirt.
- A tall young man wearing jeans and a white tee shirt held the door for them and followed them in.
- When I finally reached my dresser I pulled out a dark pair of jeans with a pink tee shirt.
- The company had initially prospered by selling cheap and cheerful T-shirts and jeans.
- Slipping on a tee shirt and jeans, she began to brush her teeth when she heard a voice, obscure and distant.
- He pulled off his dirty tee shirt and denim jeans and stepped into the shower.
- She quickly changed her jeans and exchanged her tee shirt for a bulky sweatshirt.
- She was dressed simply in a T-shirt and fitted jeans that favored her long, shapely legs.
- Substituting a tee shirt for a blazer made all the difference in the world.
- Many companies now market shirts and T-shirts that are designed to filter out ultraviolet light.
- She could either wear her denim skirt and a pink halter or a pair of kaki capris and a blue tee shirt.
- The store sells only shirts and T-shirts and the variety is quite fascinating.
- They wore jeans, T-shirts and baseball hats, with not a tattoo or piercing in sight.
- To glam up, throw on a velvet blazer with a pair of dark jeans and a slogan T-shirt.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.