In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If you've selected the correct model, it will closely mate with the contour of your revolver's front strap, retained in place by a pair of thin copper tabs.
- Each of these three flat, ovoid shapes has a slit that runs from one edge to the center, where it divides into a pair of shapes like commas, leaving a rounded tab from which the piece is hung.
- Now, folks, here's a brand-new sleeve of balls, and if you'll just take the time to examine it carefully, you'll find a little tab at both ends.
- ‘New Easy To Open Box’ I read, while angrily pulling at various corners before working out that you lift the tab marked with the arrow to open a secret panel in the centre.
- The Velcro tabs that are on the flap are another example of great attention to detail.
- And - the final stroke of genius - a Velcro tab is sewn into the inside of the hood to attach a pacifier.
- The case has a recessed, extra-wide handle, tabs for tie-down straps, and multiple padlock positions.
- Attach the two-piece mounting assembly to the box tabs.
- It's easiest to mount the retail heat sink by attaching the tabs in the diagonally opposed corners.
- He had to move slowly to keep from losing control of the tab when the zipper resisted.
- I would also ask the Court to note that the tabs which were attached to our original submissions are still relevant and should be kept, as they will be referred to.
- As soon as she got to the identification tab, she began to laugh.
- The fun in this book is in pulling the tabs and lifting the flaps to see all the crazy things Grandma knits: woolly wigs, penguin pullovers, even the dinner meal!
- Pull up the tabs on each end and slide the blinds out.
- Young children love to join in, so look for books with flaps, tabs, pop-ups, peep-holes, textures to feel and questions to answer.
- The shopkeeper undid the clasp binding the date book closed and heaved it open, revealing a binder with unusually long pages and alphabetical identification tabs protruding from the edges.
- The thin foil eliminated the need for a metal shell around the battery, and the electrical leads are simple foil tabs attached to the pouch.
1.2(label)feminine cejafeminine etiquetafeminine grifa
(on uniform)insignia feminine
- The green tabs should be placed on MP unit leaders' shoulders in recognition that they are equals with their combat branch counterparts when it comes to commanding their units in battle.
- Only then will they be awarded the coveted Green Beret and Special Forces tab, signifying that they are fully prepared to join the brotherhood of Special Forces warriors.
- I looked at his rank tabs through the binoculars, and, having convinced myself that he wasn't an officer, gave him the bird as he passed.
- According green tabs to military police leaders commanding such units as divisional MP platoons or squads in combat support companies in itself does not make military police a combat arm.
2informal(account, bill)cuenta feminineI always run a tab of my own — siempre llevo mi propia cuenta
- he had run up a tab at the club — se le había ido acumulando una cuenta en el club
- to keep tab(s) / a tab on sth/sb
- are you keeping tabs on what we spend? — ¿vas llevando la cuenta de lo que gastamos?
- we'll have to keep tabs on them — tendremos que vigilarlos
- to pick up the tab — correr con los gastos
3US(ring pull)anilla feminine
1(setting)masculine tabulador(character/stop/key) de tabulaciónto set tabs — definir tabuladores
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.