In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ping-pong masculinetenis de mesa masculinebefore noun table-tennis bat / paddle — raqueta de ping-pong feminine
- We were enthusiastic about playing table tennis and thought it was the most interesting sport in the world.
- His favorite sport is table tennis and he loves to ride a motorbike whenever he has a chance.
- Games like badminton, table tennis, etc. are available and women have exclusive time too.
- When I was in Hanoi, many people turned the streets into badminton courts and set up tables to play table tennis.
- The club also provides outdoor and indoor games such as tennis, badminton and table tennis.
- The Zambia team will compete in several events among them volleyball netball, table tennis and swimming.
- He plays the game as if table tennis is one of the easiest games.
- He enjoyed many sports, and played table tennis for Manchester and tennis for Manchester University.
- Craven won first places in rugby union, table tennis, football and in a new swimming event called the aquathon.
- Some of these included volleyball, boxing, football, lawn tennis and table tennis.
- Some were playing cards, some were playing table tennis, and some just enjoying a drink and chatting.
- In the evenings or holidays we played charades and card games and table tennis.
- I have had some great friends and we would be roaring with laughter as we played table tennis together.
- They started playing table tennis and moved on to take part in loads of sports.
- The games facilities will cater for sports such as table tennis, volleyball, pool and badminton.
- In the meantime they are spending their days playing table tennis and pool and consuming fearsome quantities of beer.
- There is already table tennis but centre workers would like more activities, such as art projects.
- Once a week, for relaxation, he plays table tennis for a couple of hours.
- It can be flexibly configured to accommodate indoor team sports ranging from table tennis to indoor soccer.
- When the sun shone, we hit the beach; when it didn't, we swam in the heated indoor pool or played table tennis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.