In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Allowable equipment is usually limited to a compass, chart and tachometer.
- The built-in tachometers and rpm-based automatic shifters that are incorporated into some delay boxes/devices may not be used for any purpose.
- There are also aspects that add to the internal sporty appeal of the car like the metallic dashboard embellishment and the white dials of the instrument cluster, along with the tachometer.
- When he cleared the bend he would release the brake and the car would leap forward as the revs soared towards the 7000 mark on the tachometer.
- That's because one is conventional: it uses light bulbs to illuminate the speedometer, tachometer, etc.
- The other delight to this car, and it only really reveals itself when you tear your attention away from the tachometer, is the suspension.
- Drivers watch their tachometers, which monitor RPMs, to get an idea of how fast they are going.
- Knowing the accuracy limits of the aircraft tachometer may eliminate the need for further examination of the engine and propeller, or it may confirm the need for further troubleshooting.
- These components, in conjunction with one of the chips next to them, convert the signal from the tachometer into a signal that the processor can understand.
- There was a tachometer in the cockpit but no tach drive to connect it with the engine.
- When things are going right, you only need to see the gauges you use to set power, the tachometers.
- There are also new designs to the analogue speedometer and tachometer, together with digital clock and outside temperature gauge built into the fascia above the centre console.
- It is a nice car to sit in, with the driver faced by a unique instrument panel, silver-faced gauges and dials including red-lined tachometer, speedo and analogue gauges for oil temperature and pressure.
- It also has the standard speedometer, tachometer and fuel gauges.
- Ken peered over his oxygen mask at the tachometer and cylinder head temperature gauges for number three.
- In fact, all the gauges were very easy to read, especially the all important tachometer, though the modern electronics will not let you over-rev the engine as it will over-ride your command and shift up at the top end of the red-line.
- Your eyes are riveted to the fuel and engine gauges - flow meter, mixture, tachometer, manifold pressure.
- Simultaneously, a transparent display rises from above the wheel and is illuminated by ultra-violet light to reveal the speedometer and tachometer.
- I noted his tachometer, radar detector and exhaust pipe.
- There was a strong clutch pedal to depress, a right hand gear shift, and a tachometer to tell you when you reached 7,000 RPM and it was time to change gear again.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.