In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Helping survivors cope with the trauma needs knowledge and tact.
- She lacked tact and the finesse it took to write something beautiful.
- You're totally honest but know how to deliver any piece of news with kindness, smarts and tact.
- In particular the issue of race was handled with tact and care.
- It is a situation that calls for sensitivity, tact and discretion.
- The key to your personal success in this effort is to use poise, grace and tact.
- She never really knew how to handle delicate situations requiring tact and sincere honesty.
- There's a swath of middle ground to consider, and given reasonable tact and grace you can probably find a spot there.
- Even now, he admired the skill and tact with which the review was written.
- You took the time to approach the issue with a lot more tact.
- She had expected the girls to look down their noses at her obvious lack of tact and knowledge of titles and English customs.
- This kind of development work requires tact and cultural sensitivity.
- The office needs tact, sensitivity, and skills of an unusual order.
- With great tact and skill, he was able to calm the crowd and disperse them.
- A controversial discussion can turn ugly very quickly, as tact is often a skill acquired at a more advanced language level.
- A unique combination of tact, charm, deportment and sartorial style, he was all one would wish to see in an idol.
- In this context, putting the case for armoured divisions was something that had to be done with skill and tact.
- Also, saying what you think is not the most useful skill for a job that requires a fair amount of tact.
- You deal with difficult situations efficiently and resolve conflicts with tact.
- I know tact is difficult for you, but kindly refrain from humiliating me further.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.