In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Imagery should involve as many of the five senses - auditory, olfactory, tactile, gustatory and kinesthetic - as possible.
- There are 10,000 tactile receptors on the skin of one hand awaiting signals.
- Be creative, for our connection with herbs is distinctly tactile.
- In dreams, we can experience sights, sounds, and tactile sensations, in the real absence of the objects of sensation.
- And since people are still unaccustomed to the feel of the new paper, they won't notice if your fakes aren't a perfect tactile match.
- When conflicts between the senses occur, vision tends to bias both auditory and tactile perception.
- The perception of being pressed by a cat was not always based on visual hallucination and physical testimony, but also on tactile sensation.
- Just as our evolved visual preferences are the raw material for visual art, so our evolved tactile preferences are the raw material for massage.
- Add tactile and personal touches that are likely to improve the bonding between buyer and seller.
- We are all the subjects of a constantly changing stream of sensory experience - visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory - that puts us in touch with objects and events in our environment.
- What resulted was a game that appealed to neither the physical exhilaration of basketball or the tactile delight of its medium.
- The card is inserted into and ejected out of the connector body by a reliable, tactile push action.
- Children who choose to trace over the letters will get a tactile as well as a visual sense of the letter shape.
- As a measure for exploration, we assessed latencies between introduction of the objects and first tactile contact, the number of objects touched, and the duration of tactile exploration.
- The pad of the trigger finger should be able to feel the holster material pass beneath it - one more tactile index of safety, as the gun, slides into its receptacle.
- I first become fully aware of my own tactile sense.
- Apes are particularly adept at tactile communications; that is use of touch.
- As an adult, the still-lonely Amélie struggles to connect with anyone and takes pleasure in such simple, tactile things as skimming stones or thrusting her hand into a bag of dried lentils.
- The architecture of the brain attaches a very complex structure to each region of the visual or tactile field, a kind of a minibrain connected to all the other minibrains.
- By playing with these cards, children were meant to acquire a sense of order through their tactile as well as their visual experiences.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.