In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(label)etiqueta femininename tag — etiqueta de identificación
2(on shoelace)herrete masculine
(expression)muletilla femininelatiguillo masculine
5USMotor vehiclesmatrícula feminine Latin Americaplaca femininepatente feminine Southern Conechapa feminine River Plate
1(label)(item/article) etiquetar(item/article) ponerle una etiqueta aComputing codificar(criminal) controlar por medios electrónicosshe was tagged the Iron Lady — se le puso el apodo de Dama de Hierro
- Three groups of 20 calves found with suspect identifications or without tags over the past three days are the focus of the investigation.
- There have been complaints from the public about some metro police officers not having name tags identifying them.
- Everyone who came wore a name tag indicating one thing they wanted to swap.
- Ethan, the class ‘eccentric,’ decided to cut all the labels and tags from his clothing and sew them onto a T-shirt.
- The specimens were not permanently marked, but instead bore paper tags attached with string loops.
- He reached into the box and held up a braided metal necklace with a tag attached to it.
- It fits around your dog's neck and carries its identification and inoculation tags.
- Today she was sorting the spices cabinet in alphabetical order, having run out of labels and tags to cut off things.
- Use inexpensive white office labels as gift tags.
- He noticed he was an intern at the hospital by his scrubs and the tag on his shirt labeling him as such.
- All pets should have collars and tags with easily visible identification.
- The gang is targeting pedigree dogs who have tags with their name and telephone numbers.
- She cleared her throat and leaned forward slightly peering at the name tag attached to his bright orange monitor vest.
- He wore a plastic tag around his neck identifying him as an employee of a company called Dyncorp.
- While you're untying, remove any labels or tags that are still attached.
- Each pot was labeled with a galvanized tag and watered daily.
- This means six thousand faces must be photographed and six thousand identification tags created.
- Your agent will probably be able to help with the relevant safety certificates, and checking the furnishings is a case of looking for the relevant labels and tags.
- You notice this is the same man who appeared when you wantonly ripped the tag off the mattress.
- An identification tag is your pet's best protection if you and your pet become separated.
- In XML, the tags describe the structure and the meaning of the data.
- The XML tags describe the content, unlike HTML, which presents and formats information.
- While you're rewriting your title and description tags, don't forget the keywords meta tag.
- HTML was invented with the specific purpose of providing a universal set of tags for displaying of information.
- As anyone with a collection of songs on their computer knows, the information contained in the information tags isn't always perfect.
- As it turned out I could read the licence tags at the specified distance.
- It's important for a dealer to be service oriented, helping buyers get vehicle tags and sign up for car insurance.
- A single person also has what Paul calls worldly responsibilities - paying bills, getting the car tag, going to work.
- In this case, the defendant was driving a car with stolen tags and the license plate light out.
- And for extra security, I exchanged the tags on Pearson's car for those of an identical vehicle parked in the long term stay at Miami airport.
- He was also charged with hunting without a valid licence and with using licence tags belonging to his wife, and a juvenile.
- She drove more slowly now, careful to look in the parked cars for anyone who might be watching, checking the tags for a government plate.
- But somehow after the holiday there were a lot of things that I needed to get sorted, bills to pay, my car's licence tag to renew, emails to read and reply to… so very little got done.
- If you do, they'll know it somehow, and it would be wise to keep an eye out for big guys with shaved heads wearing trench coats and driving big black cars with Georgia tags.
- Tail numbers, which start with the letter ‘N’ are to aircraft what license tags are to automobiles.
- One day, we were out running around, playing tag.
- The girls stopped spinning and began chasing each other in an impromptu game of freeze tag.
- It was like tag; she was chasing, and our server was losing.
- Children played a lively game of tag around his legs.
- Clements's favorite is the most venerable game of all: tag.
- Humming to himself, he continued his game of tag and having the time of his life.
- Speed frequently determines who is safe or out, who is caught during games of tag, or who will win the race.
- But not many came this way it was to far out from any forms or life but the sand crabs that were running around, it looked like they were playing a child's game of tag.
- A memory of running around with Ewen as children, playing tag and wrestling each other to the ground with peals of laughter, flashed through her mind.
- They walked down the street, which still had children playing tag, softball, and other games.
- There was an elderly woman who sat on a small chair, close to the entrance of her tiny wooden house as she watched her two grandchildren run around the road, enjoying their little game of tag.
- There were children running around, laughing and chasing each other in a game that looked like tag.
- We were running around in the backyard after a shower and mother told us to go play off some of our energy, so we walked out of our house in Malibu and immediately shot into a run for a game of tag.
- They were walking until they got so bored they decided to start a game of tag.
- A game of tag is a great way to get children to practice both running and dodging.
- Ballgames, bikes, scooters and a seeming unending game of tag keep the decibels up.
- The joys were in simple games - hopscotch, hide-and-go-seek, tag, etc.
- Today the coach decided she would treat us by having us play a game of flag tag.
- After school I raced in Dara Park with Lisa and Charvella, playing freeze tag and other games years too young for me.
- They spent the next hour riding the waves and finished with a quick game of tag.
1Gamesto play tag — jugar a la pinta Chile
1(in baseball)agarrar fuera de base
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.