1estabilizador horizontal masculine
- While dimensionally and aerodynamically identical to the original tailplane, the new tail slashes the parts count from 240 parts to only 60.
- The cantilever all-metal tail has a hydraulically powered rudder and single-piece all-moving tailplane.
- The fuselage is of light metal construction and parts of the tailplane are of composite structure in order to reduce radar signature.
- The stabiliser, the horizontal surface on the tailplane, is jammed.
- In a hangar at the famous wartime air base of Duxford, near Cambridge, fuselages, wings, tailplanes and assorted struts and piping are carefully cleaned, X-rayed, repaired and tested by Historic Flying's engineers.
- These follow-on tests might only be conducted on specific sections of the aircraft - such as a tailplane or wing - to gather additional information if operations indicated they were needed.
- Other factors such the lift provided by the fuselage, tailplane and control surfaces, were ignored.
- A group of fighters are destroyed in seconds by a mysterious red Mig - 29 with a devil insignia on the tailplane.
- During this visit they also decided to build a new tailplane and new control surfaces.
- This consisted of the standard scheme with the addition of yellow and orange stripes to the rear of the fuselage and tailplane.