In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rueda de cola feminine
- The tailwheel is steerable, and an extra stab on either brake pedal will kick the rear wheel into full caster, allowing easy maneuvering in tight spaces.
- As the tailwheel lifts during the takeoff run, gyroscopic precession tries to turn the plane left of centerline.
- After doing a quick check on the fit of the skin panels, TAF focus went to the additional brackets for the tailwheel, and the cut-outs for the single piece horizontal stabilizer.
- Finally, the Maule MX7180A is one of Maule's myriad of handmade models, available in your choice of nosegear or tailwheel.
- You're looking for relative movement between the fuselage and the spring, between the spring and the tailwheel, and between the tailwheel and the wheel itself.
- In the pull, I heard a ‘thump’ and concluded that the tailwheel must have gone to full extension and hit a lower stop as a result of the ascent rate.
- On one mission he flew so low over a German warship that he came back with the ship's aerial trailing from his tailwheel.
- She had recognized the stuck-pin signal from the plane captain and had released the parking brake (an H - 3 trick for unsticking a stuck pin) and had also complied with my call for unlocking the aircraft tailwheel.
- In every sense, it's everything that made the Skyhawk the world's most popular airplane - except with the advantages of a tailwheel.
- While some purists might insist a classic airplane needs to fly in front of a tailwheel or behind a round engine, we chose the simpler definition that it merely be at least 40 years old.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.