In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Politicstoma del poder femininemilitary takeover — toma del poder por parte de los militares feminine
- The Reserve Bank of India has expressed its concerns about laws governing takeover of banks.
- Vladimir Romanov was in the stands yesterday and will surely complete his takeover of the club in the week ahead.
- There has been heavy trading in Siebel shares on rumours of takeover or management buyout.
- A £47 million takeover deal for a Bradford-based transport engineering business has been approved by its shareholders.
- Today it is seen as a potential takeover target as earnings problems hammer its share price.
- The government says it has no power to stop a takeover bid for Manchester United.
- The takeover caused controversy when it was announced by rail chiefs in December.
- He had won a hostile takeover of the retail empire created by the legendary Charles Clore.
- The Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment must by law approve any takeover of a newspaper in the state.
- The pair will be able to use their stake to thwart any takeover attempt.
- In the city, rumours are rife that Railtrack could now be the subject of a takeover bid.
- Using debt to finance a corporate takeover is precisely the same as taking out a mortgage.
- All three companies argue that staggered board elections protect shareholders in a takeover attempt.
- We have arranged banking terms on the same terms as we did for the takeover of Arnotts.
- Our company has gone through a restructure and a takeover, which means job cuts and relocation.
- As the company suffers from such a low valuation, it could also be a target for a takeover.
- The company has had a number of takeover offers from private and public US companies.
- Vladimir Romanov plans to help Hearts sign players ahead of his takeover bid.
- Ebookers admitted in September that it had been holding takeover talks with a number of potential suitors.
- Two weeks ago the group in a terse statement said it was in talks that may lead to a takeover of the company.
2Businessabsorción feminineadquisición feminine
de una empresa por otra
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.