In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- At the age of 15 he was spotted by a talent scout for Leeds United and signed up, along with 10 others, by new manager Don Revie.
- He was handpicked by a talent scout who saw he had what it takes to appear in the show.
- Dumby's spectacular football prowess has been spotted by a city talent scout, which sets up the need for him to win Best Player in the final against a much stronger team.
- Still a competitor, he branched out into fitness modeling after a talent scout noticed him training in a gym.
- He began his career running discos before becoming a talent scout for a record company.
- With his sixth goal of the season and another bristling performance, the 24-year-old striker continues to work wonders for Berti Vogts' reputation as a competent talent scout.
- The decision proved fortuitous when his show at the Red Lion was caught by a talent scout from Reprise, who signed him to the label.
- She sang any chance she could get and was eventually discovered by a talent scout while singing in a club in Philadelphia.
- She didn't say anything about being found by a talent scout in 10th grade and starring on several TV shows before making it big as a singer.
- Every now and then, a talent scout from one of the galleries in NYC would come down and see if they could find their next celebrity for the art world.
- If you were a talent scout you'd have his youngster on the top of your list until you realised he turns 31 in August.
- I really can't be bothered to get all dressy for school, though Tahlia tells me I should in case a talent scout is around.
- Benny Chen, a singer-and-actor from Taiwan, stepped into show business because a talent scout found that Chen closely resembled Leslie Cheung and he persuaded Chen to try his luck.
- In 1953 a talent scout for Columbia Pictures noticed him in a Broadway play and Lemmon began his Hollywood career.
- Their spotting by a talent scout was the beginning of the big time.
- Most of the players were recommended by a club coach, a talent scout or a high school coach.
- A talent scout for Stars in Their Eyes hears him and offers him a spot.
- The role will involve spreading good practice ideas around the BBC's 39 Local Radio stations in England, developing shared events and acting as a talent scout.
- When a talent scout saw the unfinished revolving restaurant crowning Schilthorn peak he proclaimed: ‘This is it!’
- In 1982, Fei was discovered by a talent scout and entered the entertainment industry.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.