In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We are on the lookout for the most talented young poets in our region's schools.
- Yet Leigh youngsters are as talented as young people anywhere else in the country.
- There is a very talented tier of young executives hungry for success and on the way up.
- This was a period when a number of talented young players started coming through.
- He devised a television show that would allow talented home cooks to compete for a prize.
- Big-hitting young forward is raw but very talented and has a big future ahead of him.
- His input is great and he's a talented young player with a big future ahead of him.
- They have a rich seam of talented players and have the ambition to succeed as a whole.
- He was a very talented musician and he was a pleasure to be with in the studio.
- They have a lot of respect now, and all the bands on the label are unique and talented.
- This council has a clear commitment to the education of gifted and talented pupils.
- We have a lot of talented amateur artists in Bolton as well as some well known painters.
- This year the team will run two young and talented drivers who are both aiming for the title.
- He is inordinately proud of his troupe and relishes being around the young and talented.
- He is the most talented young English player around and as such he is under the microscope.
- I feel privileged to help such a talented sportsman on the path to becoming a world champion.
- The group of talented young musicians wowed crowds with a series of classical and pop tunes.
- The displays have grown out of a series of interviews with talented local folk.
- The many talented software developers in those countries should be given a fair chance.
- He was also a very talented artist and had had some of his paintings exhibited.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.