In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1discurseo maratónico masculine informal
- He insists that the denizens at the Guinness Book of World Records have given him the permission for the talkathon and were even watching his event closely.
- Though it's easy to see why Waking Life was better-loved, Linklater's live-action talkathon is still worth watching, even if it never transcends its self-imposed limitations.
- Merv's smart showing there got him a daytime chat show, whose geniality continues today in the Ellen DeGeneris talkathon.
- Hobbs has a simple calculation that predicts a minimum level of commercial success for lib-lab talkathons.
- In the television age, senators have avoided round-the-clock talkathons, which had led their predecessors to set up cots in cloakrooms and rig up plastic bags so they wouldn't have to interrupt their orations for a bathroom break.
- There was a huge talkathon in the United States Senate this week.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.