1(alta) cómoda feminine
- There is a growing fashion for contemporary collectors and the younger generation of country-house owners to juxtapose the old and the new, such as a group of pots by Edmund de Waal on top of a walnut tallboy.
- Maggie, I think, is curled up in the third drawer down of the tallboy.
- On one side, next to an eighteenth century Indo-Portuguese tallboy, stood a superb tall Satsuma vase.
- The items included a tallboy at £3,400, a chest of two short and three long drawers at £1, 950, and a small blanket chest at £1, 250.
- To prove the point I had a good poke around in my tallboy and found what I think is called a fisherman's hat.
- Another is the lower part of an 18th Century tallboy with open base turned into a fashionable writing table.
- I have found myself pacing around trying but failing to find things to do to keep my mind occupied, occasionally popping into the nursery in a fatherly manner to make sure that the useless door hinge has not failed on the tallboy.
- I really need to go sort out Dante's tallboy - I can't fit anything in there, there is too much that doesn't fit him anymore.