In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I notice the tamper sitting in the down refuge siding near the works depot.
- Its hydraulic PTO can manage breakers, tampers, drills, and saws.
- With just a little bit of simple joinery one could make a Shaker-style wooden seed box to replace the modern plastic version, and a soil tamper to firm the compost.
- Compact the material as best as you can with a tamper (a rental item) or the end of a heavy board, adding more material until the hole is slightly overfilled.
- Pipe and cigar smoking each have their own paraphernalia - pipe cases, pipe holders, pouches and tampers, used to mash down the burning tobacco in the bowl of the pipe.
- Shortly before a scheduled 2:30 p.m. lunch break, the operator asked the laborer and a co-worker to take a tamper in a pickup truck to a place near the roadway.
- Then use a tamper (you may want to rent this rarely used hand tool) to compact the stones.
- Shaped of such heavy metal the tamper would weigh about a ton.
- We also buy regular rubber gloves for the guys working in the field and vibration gloves for the jackhammers and tampers.
- Tamp the patch with a tamper or a garden roller filled about one-third full with water, or simply walk on it.
- To build with this technique, moistened soil is placed into a bag set in place on the wall, the bag is lowered into place, then compressed using a hand tamper.
- Using a tamper, he levels and compresses the grinds, a technique absolutely necessary for uniform extraction.
- Mix cement, aggregate, and coloring by hand and fill mold to match specifications of product being finished, using trowel, tamper, and scraper.
- Use a tamper to compact the concrete around the form during pouring.
instrumento para apretar el tabaco en la pipa
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.