In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- When you're ready to insert the tampon into your vagina, it might be easier to sit down rather than stand up.
- I was totally freaked out about it because I had never used a tampon before and didn't know how to insert it.
- Because staphylococcus bacteria are often carried on dirty hands, it's important to wash your hands thoroughly before and after inserting a tampon.
- Come and learn all the different options women have besides tampons and how to make your own reusable pads.
- It's easiest to insert a tampon when your flow is heaviest, like the first three days of your period, because you're more lubricated.
- The pain was so bad at first that inserting a tampon would make me cry from the pain.
- But why, in a country with a public healthcare system free and accessible to all, do we still have to pay for tampons, towels or whatever menstrual product we choose to control our flow.
- Well, the idea of pushing a tampon into your vagina to soak up the flow seems totally gross at first.
- The impending Goods and Services Tax has Australian women riled: while exceptions to the tax will be made for necessities such as sunscreen, incontinence pads and condoms, tampons and menstrual pads will be taxed.
- Because the muscles of the vagina can become tense when a girl is nervous, it can be difficult to insert a tampon at first.
- Only two years prior I had to draw a diagram for her explaining how to insert a tampon!
- The synthetic materials used in tampons, such as rayon (bleached by chlorine), contain carcinogenic substances like dioxin, and have been known to cause toxic shock syndrome.
- High absorbency tampons left in the vagina for a long time have been associated with a dangerous illness called toxic shock syndrome.
- I wasn't sure that I really wanted to know how these things work, but my box of applicator tampons came with a set of full-colour instructions on proper insertion, and I certainly found out.
- Women who are having a pelvic scan may be asked to insert a tampon beforehand.
- They aspire to provide other women with information about choices surrounding menstrual health, especially about alternatives to commercial pads and tampons.
- Throw away personal items, such as tissues, menstrual pads, and tampons in a paper bag.
- But, thankfully, you only need to deal with pads and tampons during the days you actually have blood flow.
- You can definitely swim when you're menstruating, as long as you're wearing a tampon.
- There are more than just environmental reasons to switch from pads and tampons to using more sustainable and natural menstrual resources.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.