In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1berrinche masculinerabieta femininepataleta feminine informalJack had / threw a (temper) tantrum — a Jack le dio un berrinche / (informal) una pataleta
- When he was two, my younger son had a set of tantrums that are etched in my mind.
- They have more temper tantrums and mood swings and refuse any kind of authority!
- I used to be big on temper tantrums as a child, and some skills are forever.
- When he does not like what is happening, he either sulks or throws tantrums.
- He was known for his tantrums and fits, and his anger was usually known before he was.
- Some kids act up or throw tantrums, while some develop physical symptoms such as headaches or insomnia.
- When my son was younger and had a temper tantrum, I found the simplest methods were best.
- They have no comprehension of the social codes that govern the rest of us, and may touch inappropriately or throw tantrums.
- He shrugged - he's a very nonchalant man, unperturbed by tantrums and certainly not prone to them.
- Participants will learn methods and strategies to deal with sibling fighting and tantrums.
- Fortunately the tantrum induced by this frustration made him sleepy and pretty soon he conked out.
- I expected tantrums, but he took it well - exacting his revenge merely by giving me all my change in coins.
- She died from a ruptured blood vessel in the brain caused by tantrums she threw every night for one week.
- Temper tantrums in up to a quarter of young children could be caused by food colourings added to popular brands.
- Do the rest of Scotland really care about who owns the newspapers they buy, and are readers interested in the tantrums of editors?
- The first time I ate there my husband's young nephew threw a tantrum.
- Let them know that their childish tantrums will get them nowhere.
- In fact, they describe him as an extremely driven character prone to mood swings and temper tantrums as much as euphoria.
- We strolled around watching kiddies throw tantrums and people screaming on roller coasters.
- Experts also say that it helps to reduce tantrums and improves the relationship between parents and their children.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.